Library Makerspace Naming Contest
Deadline March 31, 2021
Rules & Guidelines
What it is: The Terryville Public Library is developing a Library Makerspace. This makerspace will be an inclusive community space that supports individual learning and creation through direct instruction and peer/intergenerational collaboration.
The contest winner will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card.
How to enter:
1. Submit your entry or entries by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm to email@example.com.
2. No more than 2 entries may be submitted by one entrant.
3. Include your submission, name, mailing address and email address.
1. The contest is open only to individuals. The contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
2. Members of the Terryville Public Library Makerspace Working Group are welcome and encouraged to participate in this contest. However, any member who submits a name for consideration will not be eligible to participate in the final decision making process.
3. All entrants must be at least 13 years of age.
Judging and selection of winner:
1. The Working Group will decide on the top three submissions to be voted on by the Library Board of Directors.
2. The top three submissions will be forwarded to the Library Board of Directors for voting by majority rule. The voting will be conducted between April 5-16, 2021.
3. The Library Board of Directors reserves the right to not select a winner if, in their sole discretion, no suitable entries are submitted.
4. The Working Group reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion.
5. The winning submission becomes the property of the Terryville Public Library (and Town of Plymouth) and may only be used for the winner’s portfolio of work.
6. The winner of the naming contest will be required to sign a release giving sole ownership to the Terryville Public Library.
7. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for the Working Group to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules. By participating in the contest, the entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these official rules constitute the entire agreement between the entrant and the Terryville Public Library Makerspace Working Group and Library Board of Directors in relation to the contest.