UPDATED LIBRARY POLICY EFFECTIVE September 27, 2021
Monday 10am – 5pm
Tuesday 1pm – 8pm
Wednesday 10am – 5pm
Thursday 1pm – 8pm
Friday 10am – 5pm
In an effort to continue providing a comfortable and safe environment for everyone in our community, face masks will still be required for all Library visitors and staff. Vaccinated individuals may remove their masks when seated. Masks should be properly worn when moving through the Library or interacting with staff or other Library patrons.
Due to the number of young children who visit the Library and are not eligible for vaccination at this time, wearing face masks is still the best way to protect our community. Thank you for helping us keep the Library a safe place for all.
Guidelines during this period:
- You may visit the library to browse the library’s collection, use fax/copy or notary services.
- For your safety, and the safety of others, anyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask or face covering while in the library. The mask must cover your mouth and nose.
- If you are sick, stay home to keep your community safe.
- Please help young children follow safety guidelines.
- Be sure to practice good respiratory hygiene during your visit – including covering your cough, sneezing into your elbow, and, if applicable, washing your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Bathrooms are available for the public.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at various service points throughout the library.
Library Programs and Events:
- The Library is delighted to resume indoor programming. For the safety and well-being of
fellow Library patrons and staff, we ask that you keep in mind the following guidelines when
participating in a program.
- Program registration will be limited at each program to ensure adequate distancing,
but multiple programs may be scheduled to meet demand.
- Fully vaccinated adult participants are encouraged, but not required to wear a mask,
unless attending an “all ages” program, where all participants must wear a mask or
face covering. Unvaccinated participants must wear a mask.
- Youth participants must wear a face mask at all teen, children’s and “all ages”
- Participants should wash or sanitize their hands before and after attending a Library
- To the extent possible, participants should socially distance themselves from others.
Modified services available during this period:
- Express pickup will continue to be available during the library’s open hours from the front entrance of the Library. Call 860-582-3121 to make arrangements for curbside express pickup. Parking in the Main St. lot will be prioritized for library staff and curbside pickup.
- Library materials, with the exception of hotspots and Chromebooks, can be returned in the outside book drop or to the book return near the Circulation Desk.
- To maintain social distancing, a limited number of computers are available.
- Print newspapers and magazines will be available for public reading.
- All toys have been removed from the Children’s Room to prevent the spread of germs.
Wifi is available 24/7 from the Library’s rear parking lot, off Prospect Street.
Help is available from library staff via phone, e-mail and social media.
Use your library card to access streaming and downloadable videos, books, audiobooks and databases.
March 17, 2020 – Library closed to public, last among neighboring communities. Curbside service begins.
March 25, 2020 – Curbside service ends. Library staff works remotely as supported by state guidelines and provide assistance via telephone and e-mail. Virtual programming begins in earnest.
May 1, 2020 – Library staff returns to building, though it remains closed to the public. Services continue to be provided via telephone and e-mail. Virtual programming continues. Returned books are placed in quarantine for one week out of an abundance of caution. (47 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
May 7, 2020 – Curbside service resumes. Pickups are scheduled by phone or e-mail between 10am – 5pm daily, Mondays through Fridays and 10am – 12pm on Saturdays. (53 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
June 1, 2020 – Curbside pickup schedule changes to accommodate patron schedules. Pickups are scheduled by phone or e-mail between 10am – 5pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1pm – 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10am – 12pm on Saturdays. Part-time Library staff placed on furlough due to profound economic impacts of COVID-19. (66 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
June 24, 2020 – Library reopens for adapted service with appointment only. With reduced staff, Library hours adjusted to 10am – 5pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1pm – 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10am – 12pm on Saturdays. Curbside pickup of all circulating library materials (books, DVDs, audiobooks, magazines, Launchpads, etc.) will continue during open hours. (68 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
July 4, 2020 – Library closes on Saturdays through July and August. With reduced staff, Library hours adjusted to 10am – 5pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1pm – 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (69 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
September 8, 2020 – Library expands access to accommodate walk-ins for browsing, fax/copier and notary services. Appointments encouraged for computer use. Library hours remain 10am – 5pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 1pm – 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (77 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
October 8, 2020 – Library accessible from Main Street entrance as well as Prospect Street entrance. Library hours remain the same. Depending on weather conditions, curbside pickup is located near, or just inside, the front entrance. The library continues to operate with reduced staff. (83 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
November 23, 2020 – Library returns to access by appointment only. Library hours remain the same. Curbside service is available just inside the Main Street entrance. The Library continues to operate with reduced staff. (184 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
March 15, 2021 – Appointments no longer requested to visit the library. Please use the Prospect Street entrance for in-library services. Curbside service remains available just inside the Main Street entrance. With reduced staff, Library hours remain the same. Programming continues, virtually and, when possible, in-person, outdoors, with appropriate social distancing and masking. (680 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth)
May 19, 2021 – Library increases number of available computer workstations. Curbside service remains available just inside the Main Street entrance. Programming continues, virtually, with take-and-make kits, and when the weather cooperates, in-person, outdoors, with appropriate precautions. (843 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth, 34.4% of Eligible Residents Fully Vaccinated)
September 27, 2021 – Library revises policy to restore indoor programming with limited attendance. (978 Confirmed Cases in Plymouth, 54.83% of Eligible Residents Fully Vaccinated)