NOTICE: Many museums are not open OR ARE not accepting museum passes at this time.
be sure to call the museum prior to making travel plans. (6/2/20)
- Only Plymouth residents, over the age of 18 with a valid Terryville Public Library Card, may borrow a pass.
- One pass per family at a time.
- Museum passes are checked out for three (3) days.
- If returned late, a $5.00 per day fine will be charged. If a pass is lost, the patron is responsible for the cost of replacement.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and cannot be reserved or renewed.
To see if the pass you are interested in is available, check here.
Covers the cost for two adults and four children at state historical sites and exhibit centers at Dinosaur, Fort Trumbull and Gillette Castle State Parks. Pass valid from April 19 through October 6, 2008. Other fees may apply.
Museums with Free Admission
These CT museums are open to the public for FREE. No museum passes required:
- Ballard Institute and Museum
Storrs, CT (FREE; $5 suggested donation)
- Connecticut College Arboretum
New London, CT (FREE)
- Davison Art Center Gallery
Middletown, CT (FREE)
- Knights of Columbus Museum
New Haven, CT (FREE)
- Submarine Force Museum and U.S.S. Nautilus
Groton, CT (FREE)
- New England Civil War Museum
Vernon, CT (FREE)
- Weir Farm & Burlingham House Visitor Center
Wilton, CT (FREE)
- William Benton Museum of Art
Storrs, CT (FREE)
- Yale Center for British Art
New Haven, CT (FREE)
Discounted or Free Admission with SNAP Card
Museums for All is a cooperative initiative between Association of Children’s Museums and Institute of Museum and Library Services. Discounts are provided with the presentation of a SNAP Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and photo ID.
- Kidcity Children’s Museum
Middletown, CT ($3 per person)
- EverWonder Children’s Museum
Newtown, CT ($3 per person)
- Hill-Stead Museum
Farmington, CT (FREE admission for up to four people)
- KidsPlay Children’s Museum
Torrington, CT ($2 per person)
- Stepping Stones Children’s Museum
Norwalk, CT ($3 per person)
- Children’s Museum of Southeastern Connecticut
Niantic, CT ($1 per person)
- Bruce Museum
Greenwich, CT (FREE for up to 4 people)