The CreationStation offers a variety of tools for textile crafting, embroidery and sewing, including:
- crochet hooks
- knitting needles
- embroidery hoops & floss
- sewing needles and threads
- plastic canvas
- e-textile supplies including conductive thread, LilyTiny, LEDs, and more.
We have a small amount of yarns for you to learn with, but not enough for a whole project. Feel free to bring your own yarns, and leave extra to share.
The CreationStation has basic tools available for sewing project use: scissors, rotary cutters, cutting mats, seam rippers, seam gauges, and some thread. Students are responsible for providing their own fabric and notions (zippers, buttons, elastic, etc).
- Pay close attention when operating sewing machines
- Keep fingers, hair, and loose clothing away from moving parts
- Do not use if the machine is damaged or not working properly
- Keep ventilation openings open and free of lint, dust or loose cloth
- Do not drop or insert anything into machine openings
- Do not push or pull fabric; it may cause the needle to break
- Turn machine off when threading, changing the needle or changing the presser foot
How to Sew
Brother CS5055 Sewing Machine
The CreationStation has six (6) Brother CS5055 computerized sewing machines available for use in the Library. The CS5055 computerized sewing machine is the perfect package for beginners and seasoned sewing enthusiasts alike. With an LCD display screen, choose from a range of 60 built-in decorative stitches including 7 styles of auto-size buttonholes to add embellished, personal touches to your wardrobe.
Check out these easy beginner projects!
- Bring whimsy to your crafting area with a spring chick pincushion
Juki MO-644DN 2/3/4-Thread Overlock Sewing Machine/Serger
The Juki MO-644DN is a 2-needle, 2/3/4-thread overlock with automatic rolled hemming and differential feed. Let your creativity soar with one of Juki’s most popular machines.